With Make Workshop founder Diana Rupp, author of SEW: Sew Everything Workshop (Workman)
By popular demand: a learn-to-sew series that teaches all the basics of sewing for your home in one easy package!
The plan is to meet for two hours a week for three weeks. We'll be making a cloth napkin, cafe curtain, and a pillow/mini-duvet(s) with zipper and/or buttons.
This structured curriculum is offered for those of you who want an intensive and progressive introduction to the world of home decor sewing, with a focus on:
- How to read (and successfully follow!) a commercial pattern
- Layout and cutting fabric the right way
- Developing good machine sewing skills and working habits
- Professional seam finishing, pressing and hemming techniques
- A first-time intro to patchwork/machine quilting
- Getting closure: zippers and buttonholes!
note on sewing skills: if you're more or less comfortable threading a sewing machine you're ready for this series.
If you have never sewn on a machine or want an in-depth refresher, we will give you 50% off an Intro to Sewing Machine workshop upon registration in the Home Lab. Just send us an email so we can hook you up with the discount!
Mon 11/25, 12/2 + 9 // 7-9pm
Thu 12/5, 12 + 19 // 10am-12pm
three 2-hour classes = 6 hours total // $200 + supplies