Home Lab: Learn-To-Sew Series
New York Magazine
"BEST OF NEW YORK: SEWING"
four 2-hour classes = 8 hours total // $275 + supplies
Fri 3/10, 17, 24 + 31 // 11am-1pm
By popular demand: a learn-to-sew series that teaches all the basics of sewing for your home in one easy package!
The plan is to meet for two hours a week for four weeks. We'll be making cloth napkin(s), curtain(s), mini-duvet/zip pillow and a patchwork potholder.
This structured curriculum is offered for those of you who want an intensive and progressive introduction to the world of home decor sewing, with a focus on:
- How to read (and successfully follow!) a commercial pattern
- Layout and cutting fabric the right way
- Developing good machine sewing skills and working habits
- Professional seam finishing, pressing and hemming techniques
- A first-time intro to patchwork/machine quilting
- Sewing with trim such as piping and bias tape
- Getting closure: zippers and buttonholes!
note on sewing skills: if you're more or less comfortable threading a sewing machine you're ready for this series.
If you have never sewn on a machine or want an in-depth refresher, we will give you 50% off an Intro to Sewing Machine workshop upon registration in the Home Lab. Just send us an email so we can hook you up with the discount!