Sewing II: Make a Dress // Supply List
- Fabric yardage: 2 5/8 yards of a fabric that is at least 54″ wide (v. important because the skirt pattern piece will not fit on a fabric that is less wide). Recommended materials: cotton, dupioni, cotton sateen, voile, lightweight linen, wool or wool blends. These will be the easiest to cut, press and sew!
- 3/4 yards of lining fabric for bodice. if the fabric you’re using for the dress is light-to-medium weight you can use the same for the lining, or pick up some voile or china silk (or similar.)
- 13″ or longer invisible zipper (we can always shorten it!)
- All-purpose thread to match your fabric
- Scissors, either new or used only on fabric
- Disappearing ink pen, pencil or tailor’s chalk in a contrasting color
- Seam ripper
SEW: Sew Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp (Girly Go To Dress pattern + instructions are inside!).
- Clear plastic 18″ sewing ruler
- Magnetic seam guide
- Dritz E-Z hem