2-Hour Pillow: Envelope Closure // Supply List
- Square pillow form. Down-filled forms are especially nice! (If you don’t want to shop for one, just bring a yard of fabric and you can get a form after the class.)
- When you make a pillow, the cover is cut to the same dimensions as the form, but an envelope closure back requires extra yardage. To be safe, buy enough fabric to cover your entire pillow 2 times (e.g. 16 x 16 pillow, calls for a 32 x 32 piece of fabric, so get a yard). Feel free to buy muslin if you just want to practice the first time around. The back and front can also be made from different fabrics if you’d like!
- Recommended fabrics: cotton and cotton blends in a medium weight are the easiest to cut, press and sew. Stay away from fun furs, velvet, stretch fabrics and heavy weight upholstery. Please feel free to contact us for advice!
- All-purpose thread to match your fabric
- Scissors, either new or used only on fabric
- Seam ripper
- Disappearing or wash-out fabric ink pen
- Clear plastic 18″ ruler
- Magnetic seam guide