one 5-hour class // $200 + supplies
|116||Mon||Feb 22||10:00 am – 12:30 pm||sign me up!|
take your fabric prep and machine skills up a notch by learning how to cut and layout a pattern, pivot, stitch around curves and make a fully lined dress with buttonholes. the end result? a super cute dress that’s an ideal gift for your favorite girl. before enrolling please know how to thread a machine–if you’re a bit rusty that’s okay–or pass the intro to sewing machine class.
- new look pattern 6578 (can be ordered online at sewingpatterns.com. you’ll want to bring a paper pattern with you to class, not the downloadable version.)
- 2 yards of cotton fabric. one yard will be for the dress, the other for a full lining. I recommend shopping at city quilter on 25th between 6th/7th.
- scissors that are new or have only been used on fabric. if you’re buying scissors, we highly recommend gingher stainless steel shears
- all-purpose sewing thread to match dress
- pins + pincushion
- two 5/8″ buttons
- an air soluble (disappearing) ink pen or contrasting tailors’ chalk