New York Magazine
“BEST OF NEW YORK: SEWING”
four 2-hour classes // $275 + supplies
|120||Tue||Aug 4||07:00 pm – 09:00 pm||sign me up!|
|121||Mon||Sep 14||11:00 am – 01:00 pm||sign me up!|
by popular demand: a learn-to-sew series that teaches all the basics of sewing for your home in one easy package!
the plan is to meet for two hours once a week for four weeks. this structured curriculum is offered for those of you who want an intensive and progressive introduction to the world of home decor sewing, with a focus on:
- how to read (and successfully follow!) a commercial pattern
- layout and cutting fabric the right way
- developing good machine sewing skills and working habits
- professional seam finishing, pressing and hemming techniques
- a first-time intro to patchwork/machine quilting
- sewing with trim such as piping and bias tape
- getting closure: zippers and buttonholes!
note on sewing skills: if you’re more or less comfortable threading a sewing machine you’re ready for this series.
if you have never sewn on a machine or want an in-depth refresher, we will give you 50% off an intro to sewing machine workshop upon registration in the home lab. just send us an email so we can hook you up with the discount!