New York Magazine 2009
“BEST OF NEW YORK: SEWING”
four 2-hour classes // $275 + supplies
|sorry, there are no home lab: learn-to-sew series classes scheduled at this time. if you’re interested in this class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
by popular demand: a learn-to-sew series that teaches all the basics of sewing for your home in one easy package!
the plan is to meet for two hours once a week for four weeks. this structured curriculum is offered for those of you who want an intensive and progressive introduction to the world of home decor sewing, with a focus on:
- how to read (and successfully follow!) a commercial pattern
- layout and cutting fabric the right way
- developing good machine sewing skills and working habits
- professional seam finishing, pressing and hemming techniques
- a first-time intro to patchwork/machine quilting
- sewing with trim such as piping and bias tape
- making one-step buttonholes
note on sewing skills: if you’re more or less comfortable threading a sewing machine, you’re ready for this class. if you’ve never worked on a sewing machine, or don’t remember how to (which is not uncommon) then you’ll need to take an intro to sewing machine before starting the home lab.
if you have any questions about your skill level, please refer to the intro class description (click on link above) or send us an email. we’ll be happy to advise you!