New York Magazine 2009
“BEST OF NEW YORK: SEWING”
one 2-hour class + three 3-hour classes =
11 hours // $350 + supplies
want an intensive intro to the sewing machine and the fundamentals of beginner project sewing that’s fast–but not furious?
our NEW sewing 101: introductory bootcamp is the perfect learn-to-sew series with, wait for it…no prerequisite! that’s right, you’ll hit the ground running.
the first session is all about the sewing machine: how to thread along with sewing basics like pinning, stitching and pressing. after you’re up to speed, we’ll take you step-by-step through an entry-level project of your choice: a simple-yet-fashionable skirt (A-line or tapered), yoga pants OR a guy-friendly vest & tie combo.
the curriculum is designed to focus on the following:
- how to successfully thread (and rethread!) a sewing machine
- professional-style working habits
- intro to tools and sewing terminology
- layout and cutting fabric the right way
- reading commercial patterns
- seam finishing and pressing techniques
- making adjustments for a perfect fit
*please note this back-to-back weekday session meets mon from 11-1, then tues, weds + fri from 11-2